The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s 2nd Annual Research Conference on consumer finance aims to connect the core community of researchers and policymakers with the best research being conducted across a wide range of disciplines and approaches that can inform the topic of consumer finance.
The call for research topics included:
- The ways consumers and households make decisions about borrowing, saving, and financial risk-taking
- How various forms of credit (mortgage, student loans, credit cards, installment loans, etc.) affect household well-being
- The structure and functioning of consumer financial markets
- Distinct and underserved populations
- The dynamics of households’ balance sheets